It’s Thursday afternoon and I feel refreshed. There’s nothing better than waking up and watching SportsCenter with a cup of coffee on a daily basis! This week started off shaky and I was in a bit of a slump, but spending quality time with my parents and three siblings snapped me out of it. Since I have been home with no homework to worry about, I decided to make a list of things I want to accomplish between now and August. I want this summer to be special in every aspect before I head back to Temple!
1. First on my list is obviously starting work. Once I get a call for my orientation date, I’ll be set for the summer!
2. Get in shape. Towards the end of the semester, I began slacking off when it came to my diet and going to the gym regularly. With my mom as a gym partner, she’s been the motivation I need to get out of bed in the morning and get ready for the gym. By the time I head back to Philly, I’ll be in the best shape possible.
3. Spend time with my family and friends. I do this every time I’m home, but it is so important to remember those who have made me the person I am today. My family never fails to keep me on my toes. My friends, as crazy as they are, keep me laughing and allow me to let loose. I love my circle and this summer cannot be complete without them.
4. Take a road trip. Whether it is to Maryland to visit some Temple friends or a drive to the beach, I want to take a day or two to get out of the Poconos. This place can feel a little confining and boring at times, so a trip with friends will be the perfect way to break out of the monotony.
5. Last, but not least, my final goal is to keep these blog posts coming! I haven’t been as consistent as I should be with these posts, but with your constant support and my adventures, I’ll be more than happy to share just a bit of my experiences with you all.
I’m sending nothing but positive vibes this summer, can you feel it yet?
I’m Kayla Nyree, and whatever will be, will be!